Keep up to date with everything new going on with DC’s Young Animal curated by Gerard Way!
On Wednesday 9/6/17 Gerard Way, Jody Houser, Jon Rivera and Cecil Castellucci joined Amy Dallen for Geek & Sundry’s The Wednesday Club where they discussed the imprint and went from book to book detailing just what it is and what we can expect to see coming in the future.
We did our best to live tweet the event. Here are some highlights.
As we announced on Aug. 29th, 2017, Skylight Books hosted a panel & signing with the writers of Young Animal.
Photo Credit: Cecil Castellucci)
Due to a strict No Photos rule we don’t have much in the way of photographs to show you. But fortunately our friend, Krista, was able to record the audio from the panel and snag a picture with the man himself, Gerard Way.
(Photo Credit: Krista “Nose Twin” Soos)
We hope all of you who went to this signing had a wonderful time! Let us know in the comments below if you went and what you think of the panel!
Gerard Way, Cecil Castellucci, Jon Rivera & Jody Houser will be doing a panel and signing at Skylight Books in La on Friday Sept 1, 2017 at 7:30p.m.
The Young Animal discussion is free and open to the public. Signing requires the purchase of one TPB of any Young Animal book.
Numbered tickets will be given out for the signing line.
Here is some further information about the signing from Skylight Books Website:
- To get a ticket to the signing line, you must purchase at least one copy of Shade the Changing Girl, Vol 1., Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Vol 1., Doom Patrol, Vol. 1 or Mother Panic, Vol. 1. here at Skylight Books. Tickets will be available beginning Tues, July 25th.
- Gerard Way will sign up to three items (books and/or memorabilia) and will personalize. (Limit doesn’t include other three authors’ backlist)
- No pictures will be permitted during the event.
- For all website orders for this event, be sure to leave a note in the Order Comments field that you would like a ticket and plan to attend the event.
- Skylight’s Friends with Benefits members get priority signing line tickets (and 20% off this and all other event books each month), so be sure to mention your membership (or join) when you order the book.
This event is located at:
1818 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90027
At SDCC this year it was announced that some Young Animal titles will be going on hiatus while Doom Patrol does a crossover event with the Justice League featuring writing by Gerard Way & Steve Orlando, Art by Aco and cover art by Frank Quitely.
We were given this information in a press release on July 21st from DC that reads:
“Today, during DC’s Young Animal panel, imprint curator Gerard Way made comic dreams come true by announcing that the weird and eccentric characters of Young Animal will encounter the iconic Super Heroes of the DC Universe. In January 2018, the four ongoing series – DOOM PATROL, SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL, CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE, MOTHER PANIC – will participate in a special four-part annual crossover.
These annuals will mark the conclusion of the first phase of the imprint and will send each series in surprising new directions!”
What do you think of how this will work out for our Doom Patrol crew? What would you like to see happen? Let us know in the comments below!
Great news for Young Animal fans!
During a live stream event with Coast-To-Coast Comic-Con, Jim Lee revealed Gerard Way has committed to continuing the line beyond the original agreement and that we can also look forward to DC dedicating an increase in promotional drive to the books.
We’re thrilled it appears our favorite Young Animal characters will be around for a long time to come!